Friday, July 01, 2005

Sandra! Noooooo!

So, the news is everywhere. My mailbox is full of emails from liberal lobbyist groups, asking me for money to fund the coming war over the idiot President Bush is bound to nominate. Just yesterday, I regretfully threw out a People for the American Way letter about the balance of the supreme court (also asking for money). I threw it away because I didn't think that this was going to happen quite like this. I suspected that evil Rehnquist would e the first to go, owing to his thyroid cancer. But no, it had to be one of the more moderate ones! At least it was a consesrvative, instead of a true moderate. But the implications for this are very frightening, and it could mean that some things start to change for the worse come October (when they start their next session). I think I may just donate to PFAW or some similar group. That three sentence letter has me quaking in my boots.
If you are of a similar mindset, perhaps you should sign up for their email action alerts, at PFAW. They are often not asking for money- they also want you to write or email or call your representatives and senators or sign petitions. I am not convinced of the efficacy of the petitions, but it's a lot of fun to get letters in the mail from your senators. The best part is the postage- their signature in blue ink. (Confused? Go look up the franking privilege.)

No comments: