Thursday, May 11, 2006

Deadweek begins

So, here I am, sitting in BC72. AGAIN. I lived here all year. Then yesterday, I moved all my stuff into the basement so it wouldn't get rained on until they told me where I was living for deadweek. Then they threatened to throw it all out if it wasn't out of the basement instantly. So, I moved it back to Chris' suite in D. Then I got my room assignment, in L-dub, all the way on the other side of Old Campus and easily the worst housing at Yale. *cry*
So I moved everything over there. It took a long time.
I went to go get my L-dub key. I stood in a long line. Heavyweight crew guys made fun of me. I got to the front of the line. I identified myself, she put her hand on my key. "Can I see your Yale ID please?" Me: shit! Jason! "Does it have to be my Yale ID? I lent my Yale ID to a friend so he could move. Can my drivers license work?" "Um, sorry, no. It must be your Yale ID."
So, then I had to hunt Jason down, get my ID back (only to give it back to him a few minutes later).
Then I moved into L-dub.
Then I came back to Bingham, where everybody was. Hudson looked at me and asked what was wrong. I told him.
But he promised me that there would be a place for me to sleep over here if we looked hard enough. And he was right. Because here I am, living in my same suite until someone kicks me out. Which I am really hoping isn't going to happen.
Steve is in my bed. He contines to make creepy jokes about all the things he has done/will do with my poor, innocent mattress.
I am in Amy's bed, and I think she's a little unhappy about that, because she is living in Vandy. It's right next door, but it isn't the same building. Sigh.
Tonight we get to film! I get to dance and wear a fancy dress. It's going to be sweet. We also have to get together and start writing the script for the freshman sketch. Steve and I kind of appropriated that, and Rosa and Rita are in charge of the party I guess. We need to get on that too....
And Andrew and I get to start with the bridge lessons soon. We have a lot of people who've expressed interest. It's actually kind of daunting. But I'm looking forward to it, and we always need more bridge players in this world!!

No comments: