Tuesday, May 23, 2006

empty

Campus is empty now, essentially. There are a bunch of people outside, but they all work here. Campus needs to be cleaned rapidly-- the time between commencement and reunions is probably hard-core cleaning time. Campus sparkled for commencement, but the aftermath isn't pretty. And the stage still has to come down and the giant tent that essentially covers all of Old Campus needs to be finished. All the seniors are gone, with the exception of those few who aren't leaving at all. I ran into Christina and Nick on the way back from Shaw's, so I know they're still here. And Errol should be here still... maybe a few others.
I wish I could go home. I know I'll probably be disappointed when I do, after having wanted to go home for so long. But still... Real food again.... I did buy myself good things at Shaws, though. Like kiwi, cucumber, salad, and salami. Yummy! And look! veggies! Rock!
Fortunately, my room is empty at the moment. I did see one other girl who'll be living here. She seemed uninterested in introducing herself, despite my introduction. She isn't here now... And the other girl, I met at commencement for a few seconds. So far, that's all. I have no roommate at the moment, though I think I am supposed to at some point. It would be really nice not to have one, but that's almost certainly wishful thinking.
I'm all moved in again, probably too much so, considering it all has to be elsewhere by this time next week. I did ship one box home today... 24 pounds of things not to worry about for a while. I have at the very least one more box to go home, and a few that ideally will stay in New Haven somewhere...
Mmm. Now, I'm going to see if I can't find the Yankees game on the radio and read and munch on something sort of healthy. Hurray!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»