Sunday, June 04, 2006

Bringing it all back

St. Alban's is much as I remember. Small, a little old fashioned looking. Homey. The congregation is still small, and sometimes I fear it's shrinking. Too many people dying for me to be really comfortable. But we have so many kids right now! I don't know if they're the solution in the long term, though, because we have a split demographic. The 35-65 bracket, parents, and then the little kids (with Claire at the extreme top end-- I don't count anymore-- and baby Maria on the bottom at four months). So, I guess it will be a congregation of old people when I (theoretically) bring my (hypothetical) kids back to St. Alban's. I have my doubts. But it is really great to see new faces at church, even if there are just a few of them.
It's a little funny to be back at home, having lost all of the wonderful joys of college life. Friends are far away (sometimes as far as China), and more are leaving every day. I suddenly need transportation other than my feet, and I also need permission. These are sort of alien concepts after eight months speaking Ivy, as Mary Milano put it in her sermon this morning.
At least I don't have to do any work. That would kind of suck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»