Sunday, January 01, 2006

2006

So, here we are, another year over, and the new one just begun. It's a kind of profound day, even if the last ten seconds of the old year slip by in a kind of unfortunate rush of terrible television and awkward reflection. I feel like things should be more examined today, as if it is setting a pattern for the rest of the year. But that is just silly, as it is really just another day with more bubbly.
Oh well. It is also a day for contemplating time as a concept. A year ago today I was submitting college applications. How far I've come since then! And in two years, I'll probably be in NYC with my Yale friends, celebrating Chris' 21st birthday. But today also made me appreciate my break, how excellent and drama-free it has been. No drama! What a novel concept. Rather relaxing, if I dare say so.
Sigh. It has messed up my sleep cycle though. I need to fix that before classes start up again. Also, I need to read more. I am on page 65 of 1700 or so that I am supposed to have done in 8 days. Haha....

No comments: