Saturday, January 21, 2006

Ennui

So, tonight, I have been swept by a wave of ennui. I am just feeling tired and jaded, and not really into things right now.
I was ok earlier, before my friends showed up. And then they did, and that was where things started to go downhill. Which sucks to say, but I can't dance around it. I was so happy at hockey. Hockey makes me so happy, generally, despite the fact that KBB was a total shitshow tonight. No one knew the songs, we forgot all our music, we weren't all playing the same thing and we were playing at different times... It was messy, and bad. But we have a new drum major. Ben Jorns. Don't know him very well, but I think he will be a good representative for the band. Once he slows his conducting down a little bit, and he grows into the job a little bit, it will be good. I do feel bad for the other candidates, though, because they all would have made very good DMs. I like them all, and Hudson looked so down after Doug made the announcement. Hopefully, I'll see him tomorrow, and hopefully, he'll be feeling somewhat better by then.
Now, I just want to go to bed.

No comments: