Sunday, February 19, 2006

More content.

Whee.
So, this weekend, my goal was to get work done. No word on how that is going to turn out just yet.
Instead, I spent 5 hours on an online bridge tournament (which went well, but not well enough to force me to cancel my summer plans). Andrew and I placed fourth in our bracket, doing well against every team we faced except Princeton. We held our own, but our teammates... well, let's just say that doormats are more assertive. :-) Not that I don't love them, but that round was not exactly quality. We were very close to beating Harvard, only 3 IMPs. Very close. I was satisfied with my play, too. Better than usual, I think, mostly because I had the ability to talk to myself and to the cards and to the other players without actually being responsible for any of what I was saying. VERY USEFUL. What does that say about me?
Also, Amy and Chris are crazy. Still. I don't know what is going on any more. I think they are not really spending much time with each other right now, which may actually be for the best. So, I've spent a little more time with each of them without the other, which is both useful and somewhat refreshing. All relationships (beyond a certain minimum) require one-on-one time, and before, that just wasn't happening.
Assassins: it was short lived glory. On the first day, I had two kills. On the second day, I was shot by a suitemate. Tragic. And then, she died a few hours after she killed me. Sigh. But if she had been killed before me, it wouldn't have mattered much. I have two classes with her assassin, so it would have been nasty, brutish and short anyway. (I love grossly misusing Hobbes to suit my own vain purposes... and meanwhile, perhaps the greatest political philosopher to write in English rolls over in his proper English grave...)
More.... hm. Transfer of power lunch with JJJ tomorrow. Also, updated Squid website. Hott.
Now... bedtime? Perhaps.

No comments: