Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Either those gowns go or I do.

Ok, I'm no Oscar Wilde, I admit it, but I am gone. I am now an official Northside Alum. While on the one hand it scares me that it could have just passed so quickly, on the other, I don't really feel that much. It just is. Done, that is. It went by rather quickly. The ceremony was brief, as expected, and I started crying while trying to say goodbye to Mr. Lucero. I just don't know what I would have done without him the last few years. He's the best. But he knows me so well... as I started to cry, trying to thank him, he changed the subject to baseball and I was better. I didn't really get many pictures. I hope other people did. I guess there are a rather lot of people that I will miss, even if some of them I was just starting to get to know. Sophie, for example. I didn't really spend that much time with her, but in the last few days I have and I really like her. Alice too. But I am moving on to bigger, and perhaps better things in August. Northside was very good to me. I can't really imagine how awful I would feel if I had gone to a "normal" highschool. I think I might have died. But I certainly wouldn't have the awesome friends I do have. (For example, all the people who were at Sabri today- super good Pakistani food, or Andrew, Andrew, Randy and Caitlin at dinner tonight. Ya'll rock.)
And John, I did graduate today. It was nice of you to notice.

No comments: