Thursday, June 02, 2005

Pre Prom

So, yesterday was the last day of high school. During last period, my class went outside. It was fairly quiet for the first part of the period, but in the second half, people kept streaming out of the building. By the end of the day, there must have been 50 or 75 seniors outside. At 3:05, everyone started cheering and screaming and jumping... Sunia said "It's good. I spent the first minutes of high school with you, and now the last ones too."
Strangely, I don't feel very much about this. It doesn't even feel like summer yet. Perhaps it will be a little more impactful after graduation practice in a few minutes. I won't really miss a lot of my classmates, and those that I will miss, I hope to keep in touch with. But some of the teachers... Now I know I will miss them. Ms. Maleug, Mr. Lucero, Mr. Hahm, Mr. Koreman, Dr, Lally... It seems to me that I have taken the last four years to assemble this crack team of mentors, but I have to leave them now. I guess it is all I can do to thank them, and try to let them know how much they've helped me over the last four years. And there is always email. Thank goodness for that.
So, Ian is coming to prom with me. While it isn't the prom I'd always dreamed of, I am very pleased with our plans. Hopefully nothing will go terribly awry. It's the best of both worlds, I guess, because I get to see Ian while going to prom in a huge mob of friends. I'll post pictures here, I promise.
I guess I should go, before I'm late for practice.

No comments: