Wednesday, March 01, 2006

mm. things.

I like lists. So here is a not ordered list.
1. I did not do well on my astro midterm. That could be a problem. Like, for real not well. Like barely passing not well. And now I don't know what to do. I'm considering dropping the course now. I don't want to, but I might have to. The class is interesting, and easy enough. Except for the part where I accidentally bombed the midterm.
2. Leah's calculator did a very odd thing right before the test. I was using it maybe 5 minutes before the test. Then I get there, open it up to work on a problem. I push "On" and the screen comes up saying it has cleared the RAM and now it has a big grey spot in the middle of the screen. Oh, shit.
3. I fear I may be getting sick. This would make me very unhappy, especially considering that break is coming up. And even though break is a slightly better time to be sick than any other time, I still don't want to be sick. Maybe I'll nap before dinner... mmm...
4. I decided last night that I spend way too much time on AIM. Though, as it was pointed out to me this afternoon, if Jason were never online, how much would that even matter? He's the only one I have ridiculously long conversations with to the detriment of my time management abilities. And he won't be online for Lent. So maybe it doesn't even matter. God damn it all, why am I so indecisive? I need to work on that. For real. I've become something of a skeptic, and yet I am falling into the trap of the skeptics: indecision. Not acceptable.
5. Right, so... Jason... So in the course of an almost 5 hour IM conversation last night (!) I somehow asked him to go dancing with me on Thursday. Where I decided that this was my plan, I don't really know. Things I do know: I was more nervous then than I should have been, and I am more anxious about it now than I should be. I am simply not being reasonable, and I know it. I guess I should just chill out, and let things happen as they're going to happen. That's all I can really do, and so I just have to know that and let things go. Grant me the strength to change what I can, the serenity to let the things I can't go, and the wisdom to know the difference.
6. I am also somewhat glad for break coming now, just to get away from school. Hopefully, I can go away and come back as a real student who does work instead of someone who lives here and doesn't do work and fails midterms and botches papers. I need to get it together, honestly. I thought I was doing fine, and I am happy, but I am not doing well. If that ever sets in, I will stop being happy until that gets fixed. So I plan on doing a lot of good Lit work tonight, and going to church and dinner with the girls I think I am living with next year, and then hopefully to bed early to try to catch this cold or whatever before it has a chance to get worse.

No comments: