Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Dear Finals Week,

Dear Finals Week,
You suck.
What's the problem? Well, it is several things all in one.
1. I don't want to go home! I mean, home is great and whatever, but I'm honestly just happier here. I like the people and I like the place and I like the things I do and this is home now. So I don't want to go home. Also, I would so live with the band.
2. My philosophy final is going to eat my soul and spit out my bones like an owl pellet. I mean, I just don't know how to study for this, or how I am going to write two essays tomorrow or how I am going to respond to a million ID questions about dense philosophical texts that I may or may not have read and may or may not have understood. What? The ontological argument? What?
3. I've kind of been living in boyland. Boyland has several effects on me, all bad. I don't eat properly, if I eat at all. I can't get work done. I think about the wrong things. I am easily distracted (more than normal). I do stupid things like wait for people to show up at places where they are not going to appear. I stay up until 4 am on AIM, and make stupid faces when they talk about ex-girlfriends. What am I doing?
4. Why can't my friends get it together and be normal, and have normal issues? Just to pretend for a few minutes that she was cheating on you or some garbage like that. No, this point is a lie. I wouldn't have it any other way. But still, it's frustrating.
Arg!
Why can't you be followed by "spend an awesome week with the YPMB" week? Why is there no Blunch tomorrow?
Yours,
Katie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Katie: I understand. Like, times a million. Million and a half maybe. Real finals = scary as hell the first time through after ns. This semester feels so much calmer, even though my finals are harder and more important. Boys are silly. College boys are especially silly, and it's so much easier to obsess over them, because you set your own schedule.

In addition, home is just inadequate after a while. Full of sad, but true. It's why things went so poorly for me while no one else was experiencing the phenomemnon.

Anyway. I hope things go well for you over this week, and that you get everything done. We should do lunch over break or something. Hot and sour soup, and crab rangoon. That's why home is awesome.

-Caitlin