Saturday, December 17, 2005

Home!

So, here I am, sitting at home. It's such a different world than school. I would kind of rather be at school though my longing isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I'm just happier there, really. Not that I don't love my family, because I do, and not that I don't miss my home friends, because I really do. But at school. things are just different for me, and I like them the way they are there.
But there are some nice things about being here, even if the heat is not nearly as good (old houses!). For one thing, I can catch up on my back Christmas movies. I never pass a Christmas season without at least watching all the classics a dozen or so times. So I watched White Christmas today with the family. And there is St. Alban's, which is nice. Though we'll see how it really compares to ECY, it was nice being back there today. And, generally and tempermentally, I think I like the change of scenery, though the timing is somewhat inconvienient... Things are crazy, especially when people are ambiguous. Now, perhaps I am being a touch hypocritical, but some people are very inscrutable and few things drive me as crazy as when I really want to know something and I can't figure it out! Ah, me oh my.
But, in other news, I really like Don Quixote so far (a whole 25 pages, baby!). I didn't expect to, really, and so it is coming as a nice surprise. I've been trying to decide what prejudiced me against it so much before. I guess I expected an impenetrable style or something very Baroque, which isn't what I'm finding so far. And also, I think I did well on my philosophy final, which is awesome because I was rather frightened of it. But it went well, and I think I'll do fine in that class. I want grades to be posted also. I know I'll almost certainly have an A- in Lit, but the other three are somewhat more variable. What will Charley give me? Did I manage to write a passing astronomy paper? I sure hope so!
And tonight is our annual family Christmas party. (Yes, it is a Christmas party. No, I'm damn sure it isn't a "holiday party"!) I should probably start being a human being again, and not just a creepy internet personna. And, I have to watch myself, to keep myself from sitting on the internet for long stretches waiting for someone to sign on. Because that right there is trouble. I'm bad enough as it is.

No comments: