Monday, December 19, 2005

What am I dreaming about this Christmas?

Short answer: boys.
Long answer... So I've had two pretty strange guy dreams. Well, one strange, one not strange except for the fact that I had it. The strange one first... I dreamed I was at U of C, staying in Shoreland. And my room was a double, and my roommate was Ms. Gumms, Emma's mom. And the roon had a tiny bathroom and an enourmous closet, and the fridge was kept in the bathroom, and it was stocked like John's fridge, because he had filled it. He announced that and then left. Anyway, I can't quite communicate the strangest parts of what I've said, because it was really a feeling. But then a (gay) friend from Yale comes in, and we start talking. And then we stop talking and start making out. In the closet. And when we've finished with that, then I tell him that it wasn't exactly rewarding and that "This really shouldn't happen again..." or some crap like that. I have the most disturbing third-person image of us kissing, and it is creeping me out. I haven't told him about this dream yet.
The not-strange one is somewhat easier to tell. I am at a dinner party at my house, and everyone has finished dinner but is still generally sitting arouond the table, and I get the question about boys at school. So I give my response "Well, there's this guy Jason, and I don't know what's going on with him. It's so ambiguous." To which my mom responds "You're making him nervous!" And I look over and who is sitting there talking to my mom but Jason! I confirm that it is him, much to my chagrin and extreme awkwardness, but as I pass by his seat he reaches out and grabs my hand and kind of pulls me into the chair next to him.
And then I woke up.

No comments: